2329 Crescent Way,
Canada V2S 3M1
Map + Directions
- Who do I talk to about planning an event?
Laura Lee Billing, Theatre Manager
- What kinds of projects can your facility support?
Theatrical productions, corporate events, presentations, lectures, dance festivals, community events, family functions, cultural celebrations, seasonal pageants & more!
- When is the best time to schedule a project?
Often our summer months through October are quieter than other times on our calendar. This may allow for longer bookings to coordinate larger performances.
- What is included with renting The Abbotsford Arts Centre?
You receive listing on our website; one technician; use of backstage areas and various amenities; and all available equipment in the theatre. You must provide posters/advertising, tickets, front of house support and ushers.
- What services will the technician provide?
There are varied roles our staff can perform depending on the needs of the production. Frequently, the sound and lighting consoles are operated by our technicians due to their knowledge of the equipment. They will also organize the sound set-up (microphones, monitors, etc.); guide the staging set-up; and ensure the building is prepared for your event.
- What if I have an idea, but I do not know a lot about theatre and staging?
You can arrange a meeting the Theatre Manager to go over your performance plans to discuss solutions for your production’s needs.
- How do I hold a date if we are still planning our event?
To secure a confirmed date at the theatre, a $500 deposit is required which will be refunded once the event has ended.
- Do you provide insurance?
No, a two million dollar public liability policy naming School District 34 and the City of Abbotsford is required from an insurance provider.
- Do you have a large holding area?
Next to the theatre is the Community Arts Addition; a versatile 3000 sq’ room that can be divided in half by a large curtain. It offers 260 folding chairs, 25 round banquet tables, 25 rectangular tables and a kitchen. (Capacity: 262 people.)
- What kind of staging does the theatre offer?
We have 10 4’x8’ decks with available heights of 8”, 16” & 24”. There are also 8 choral risers with 3 steps available.